Use Watercolor Pencils with the Quiet Meadow stamp set to make a beautifully simple card.
I Cased (Copy and Share Everything) a fellow Demonstrator this week. Her name is Jo Anne Hewins, and she makes beautiful cards! I decided to use her design for my card.
This card isn’t hard at all. You can make this with a few simple supplies. Now, you can step up this card with a few tricks that I’ll show you, but otherwise, it can be pretty simple.
First, stamp all of the background images with Crumb Cake Ink on Crumbcake cardstock. I stamped the flower, splatter and the words as the background.
Then, the larger flower image is stamped twice in Memento Black Ink. Why use Memento ink? Because we are going to use Watercolor pencils and blender pen. Next, you’ll color the Quiet Meadow images with Watercolor pencils! I like to use the watercolor pencils, and I don’t do it often enough. Start with the white pencil, and give it a good white layer on the flowers and leaves. Then come in and color the green and whatever color you want your flowers to be. Because we started on Crumb Cake Cardstock, the white will give your other colors a great start to stand out. Lastly, the blender pen is a great tool to blend the watercolor pencils to give it a great blended look.
Lastly, we will embellish!
Embellishment things to do!
- Bow-I used the new Baker’s Twine Essentials
- Sentiment Layer-used a die and stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake
- Distress-used a sponge and a distressing tool (you can use scissors)
- Ribbon-Bumblebee gingham
- Metallic Pearls
Below you can watch the video I did making this card. Let me know if you like it! and if you make one like it, show me, I’d love to see!
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order.
- You Tube – Please follow me on You Tube and help me reach my goal of 1000 subscribers!
- Click Here to Subscribe (it’s free)
- Click on the bell if you would like to get notifications when I post a new video.
- Want a discount on all your Stampin’ UP products? If so, there’s no better time to purchase your Starter Kit and join my team! The Starter Kit is $99 + tax (for $125 worth of product!) and it ships for free. IT’S THE BEST DEAL! Click HERE to join my team!
- If you have any questions or need a copy of the current catalogs, drop me an email at email@example.com. I’m happy to answer any questions!