I used the Hand-Penned and Quiet Meadow Stamp Sets for today’s card! These are coming up in the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog! If you need one of those, catalogs that is…let me know and I will send you one! If you can’t tell, I LOVE the vintage look! It’s one I am drawn to every time, and these stamp sets lend themselves well to that technique.
But, with that said…it’s NOT hard! I’ll tell you pretty quickly how to get this look for yourself! Let’s get started!
Start with a piece of Basic White (5 1/4 x 4) and stamp the flower from Hand-Penned in Memento Black. Hand-Penned is a two step stamp, so the “fill” for the flowers and the leaves is a stamp. No Coloring needed, unless of course you want to. Now, the fill stamps don’t necessarily line up exactly, but…it gives it a nice watercolor look. If you have a problem with things not lining up perfectly, this probably isn’t the stamp set for you! The fill for the leaves is Old Olive, and the fill for the flower is Petal Pink.
I stamped the background after the main image. The word stamp from Quiet Meadow, stamped in Crumb Cake makes the perfect background image. Stamp it all the way around the flower image, then stamp the splatter image on top of the words, randomly.
Next, I used a blending brush to distress around the flower image. I used Crumb Cake ink and went in a circular motion all the way around the flower. This leaves the flower image brighter than the surrounding paper. I also used a sponge dauber to get a darker look on the border of the Basic White layer.
The sentiment is from the Hand Penned stamp set. Stamp it in Old Olive on a 3/4 in strip. Then punch the end with the Lovely Labels punch and line it up with the outside of the card. Distress this a little with the crumb cake ink.
Finish the card off with some metallic pearls, because every card needs a little bling!
As you can see the Hand Penned and Quiet Meadow stamps sets go very well together!
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order.
- You Tube – Please follow me on You Tube and help me reach my goal of 1000 subscribers!
- Click Here to Subscribe (it’s free)
- Click on the bell if you would like to get notifications when I post a new video.
- Want a discount on all your Stampin’ UP products? If so, there’s no better time to purchase your Starter Kit and join my team! The Starter Kit is $99 + tax (for $125 worth of product!) and it ships for free. IT’S THE BEST DEAL! Click HERE to join my team! AND…RIGHT NOW IT’S SALEABRATION!!! In addition to the amazing $99 Deal…you get to add a FREE Bundle To your choice of $125 worth of product!
- If you have any questions or need a copy of the current catalogs, drop me an email at email@example.com. I’m happy to answer any questions!