I love to use the Masking technique…and the Pretty Pumpkins Stamp Set is PERFECT for it! Let me show you how to do it!
The first step is to pick out what is the focal point or, what you want to be in the FRONT of your card. By this, I mean…all the other stamps that you add will appear to be BEHIND the first stamp.
I put the pumpkin set right in the middle of the bottom half of the card. Now, we’ll mask it off. Create a “mask” with a post it note. I use the All Over Sticky Post it’s from amazon because they are “all over sticky and the paper is thin…available here...(I don’t make any money off of that). This stamp has a die, so the mask is easy…if no die exists, stamp on the post it and fussy cut. 🙂
Next, cover image with post it note, as seen above. Because my mask has been used, it will look a little different than yours.
Then, stamp the next image! When the post it is removed…the first image is in the front, the others appear to be “behind” it!
Because I didn’t want the pumpkins to have blended color on them…or splatters, I covered all of the pumpkins (3 Masks) and created the background. So, after masking them off, I blended with the blending brushes (which are amazing!) and splattered all kinds of things on the background. I embossed the sentiment with Gold Embossing Powder, I used the embossing powder and liquid glue along with Stampin’ Write markers and Wink of stella for splatters. There’s LOTS of splatter!!
The pumpkins are colored with Stampin’ Blends, I used all colors of orange and some pinks. I didn’t want them all to be the same color! And…DON’T FORGET THE BLING! This one uses Gilded Gems AND Champagne rhinestones.
- Basic White 5 1/8 x 3 7/8
- Gold Foil 5 1/4 x 4
- Pool Party Cardstock 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
So…there you go! Now, you can make a card with Masking and Pretty Pumpkins…or whatever stamp set you choose! I would love to see what you make!
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order.
- You Tube – Please follow me on You Tube and help me reach my goal of 1000 subscribers!
- Click Here to Subscribe (it’s free)
- Click on the bell if you would like to get notifications when I post a new video.
- Want a discount on all your Stampin’ UP products? If so, there’s no better time to purchase your Starter Kit and join my team! The Starter Kit is $99 + tax (for $125 worth of product!) and it ships for free. IT’S THE BEST DEAL! Click HERE to join my team!
- If you have any questions or need a copy of the current catalogs, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m happy to answer any questions!