I just couldn’t wait to play with Nature’s Harvest and the Cork Paper from Stampin’ UP! Both of these items will be available 3 August!! I’ll tell you about my card, then, I will give you some tips for the cork paper.
I stamped my focal image on the cork paper (2 7/8 x 3 7/8) with Early Espresso ink. I used the stamparatous, if you don’t have one of these amazing tools, you should. The cork paper isn’t a flat texture, it’s uneven…so…the stamparatous is a great tool to stamp more than once in the same place! The ink doesn’t soak in to the cork paper!!! It will not dry!! You will have to heat it with an embossing tool to get it to dry! Please…ask me how I know…I had ink EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! So, step 2 is to dry image with the embossing heat tool.
Layer the cork onto a piece of Brushed Metallic foil (3 x 4), also available 3 August.
I embossed a piece of crumb cake cardstock (4 x 5 1/4) with the Timeworn Type embossing folder. Then, I used a blending brush with Early Espresso ink to give the letters a more “timeworn” look (I loved it!). Layer the crumb cake piece onto a piece of very vanilla cardstock (4 1/8 x 5 3/8), and add to Early Espresso card base.
Layer the focal piece on card front with dimensionals. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and cut out with one of the Harvest Dies (they go with the Nature’s Harvest stamp set in a bundle).
A Bumblebee embellishment and some metallic pearls finish off the card. Remember, a card isn’t finished until it has some bling!
I also made the card in Blackberry bliss…This is what it looks like in that color.
On this one, I used the Wink of Stella to blend the ink on the flowers a little…as I said before, the ink doesn’t dry on the cork…so you can move it more than usual.
Tips when using Cork Specialty Designer Series Paper
- THE INK DOESN’T DRY!! Be very careful and use the heat tool to set the ink.
- Get adhesive close the very edge of the cork when adhering…it gets a little wavy if you don’t get it glued down.
- It’s not as think as you might have imagined.
- It has a paper backing.
- IT DOESN’T DRY!! (I’m telling you…I had a mess!)
I Love the Nature’s Harvest Stamp Set and the Cork Paper…don’t be intimidated by it…get some and play!
- Stampin Rewards from Stampin’ Up! All orders of $150 or more receive free hostess dollars to spend on anything you’d like in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog. Redeem the Stampin’ Rewards at the time of your online order.
- You Tube – Please follow me on You Tube and help me reach my goal of 1000 subscribers!
- Click Here to Subscribe (it’s free)
- Click on the bell if you would like to get notifications when I post a new video.
- Want a discount on all your Stampin’ UP products? If so, there’s no better time to purchase your Starter Kit and join my team! The Starter Kit is $99 + tax (for $125 worth of product!) and it ships for free. IT’S THE BEST DEAL! Click HERE to join my team!
- If you have any questions or need a copy of the current catalogs, drop me an email at email@example.com. I’m happy to answer any questions!